Topping off 2017: The Top 5 Logistically Speaking Blog Posts of The Year
It’s almost time to start the countdown and pop the champagne! As we head into the New Year, we wanted to look back at 2017 here on Logistically Speaking and showcase some standout moments. We’ve had some great success this year, and there are a number of blog posts that deserve a special end-of-year shout-out. Below, you’ll find a list of the five most popular posts in 2017 – take a look and let us know which was your favorite, and what you’d like to see more of here on the blog in 2018.
- Transplace Think Tank: Mitigating the Effect of Natural Disasters on Your Supply Chain: In October of this year, through the support of Steve Moore, Vice President, Operations at Transplace, employees Jordan Donmoyer, Matthew Todd, Nolan Plourde, Zain Abdeen and Parker Belden created a “Think Tank”. Since its inception, the Think Tank has been working to optimize reporting for Transplace’s customers and create new, more efficient custom reports for unique requests. In this blog post, the Think Tank set out to discover: “How have recent natural disasters affected our customers’ transportation networks?”
- TransMATCH Success: SMC³ Alliance Award 2017: In January, Transplace was honored to have been awarded the 2017 SMC³ Alliance Award at the Jump Start 2017 Conference for the results it has seen from its TransMATCH program, in partnership with Best Solution Express and Glanbia Performance Nutrition. In this blog, we discussed the many lessons learned throughout the development of this program – and how open and honest communication among all partners was certainly the most significant aspect of its success. A special thank you to Best Solution Express, Glanbia and SMC³!
- Transplace Think Tank: Custom, Actionable Data with a Human Touch: The Transplace Think Tank is on our top five list twice for a reason – they’ve been truly innovating when it comes to company-wide analysis and reporting efficiency and have been using updated processes to go beyond the traditional way of thinking for our customers. The Think Tank continues to focus on putting actionable business intelligence and analytics to work for the customer, all while maintaining a human aspect to this newly automated process. Stay tuned for more from them here on Logistically Speaking!
- The Evolution of the Direct-to-Consumer Supply Chain: Frank McGuigan penned this guest blog examining the rise of ecommerce and how omni-channel fulfillment has dramatically impacted the supply chain in recent years. The “Amazon effect” is real, and it’s being driven by consumers! Frank noted that as manufacturers and retailers evolve their supply chains to address changing customer demands, it’s critical for them to make sure they have the proper processes, technology and logistics partners to deliver the velocity, visibility, predictability and control they need.
- Mexican Fuel Price Hike: What You Need to Know: Another popular post from January 2017, Ben Enriquez, SVP Transportation Services, provided critical information to shippers regarding the Mexican fuel crisis. When the price of diesel went up a whopping 13% – 20%, many cities in Mexico plunged into turmoil. Ben advised shippers to monitor this situation closely and take extra steps to make sure any potential disruptions to their network were minimal. When transportation situations arise, keep an eye on Logistically Speaking and follow @Transplace on Twitter for real-time updates!
Which was your favorite blog on Logistically Speaking in 2017?