Transportation TIP List: Week of April 23rd, 2017
As this past weekend marked the observance of Earth Day, it’s only natural that we’ve been thinking about the landscape of the supply chain industry. This week’s TIP List highlights stories such as the impact of blockchain transactions on supply chains and reactions to Toyota’s release of a hydrogen fuel cell truck prototype. Get a read on the industry climate with all the articles below!
- Blockchain Will Radically Disrupt Your Supply Chain: 4 Steps To Take Now: Blockchain epitomizes network-centric business, and procurement departments must take the lead exploring its possibilities for supply chain disruption. Here are 4 steps supply chains can be taking to stay ahead of the blockchain curve.
- Toyota’s Fuel Cell Truck Wins Kudos, But The Trucking Industry Is Still Wary: Environmentalists cheered, but industry analysts took a more cautious wait-and-see approach as Toyota unveiled its “Project Portal” – a prototype hydrogen fuel cell heavy truck that may change the way freight is hauled around the globe.
- Trump’s Trade Plans Spell Uncertainty for Mexican Port: Latin America’s most technologically-advanced shipping terminal recently opened in Lázaro Cárdenas, Mexico. But this ambitious project faces an uncertain future as President Trump weighs new trade barriers.
- U.S. Shippers Expect Pinch, Not Capacity Crunch, From ELDs: With the introduction of ELDs, shippers and trucking companies are concerned about a potential loss of both capacity and productivity that could push up pricing. However, they’re not expecting a massive capacity crunch following the mandate.
- What Drives Trucking Market Volatility? : For anyone in the trucking industry, there is one constant: change. This infographic details how natural disasters, eCommerce, weather, seasonality, trade policy, regulatory actions and the impact of driver shortages fluctuate within the trucking market.
Are you using blockchain transactions within your supply chain operations?