Transportation TIP List: Week of February 3rd, 2019
This past weekend was Groundhog Day, and Punxsutawney Phil did not see his shadow, predicting an early spring season! And with this anticipation of warmer temperatures, our weekly TIP List provides the latest read on the current supply chain climate. Dive in below for info on how the emergence of millennials is impacting the industry and a report to help retail shippers meet changing delivery requirements.
- Why Millennials Deserve Our Attention: By 2020, global millennial spending power will total over $20 trillion. Not paying attention to the needs of this burgeoning demographic could cause business challenges. The sooner supply chains can adapt to millennial attitudes, the better placed they are to thrive in the future.
- New Transplace Report Provides Key Delivery Data for Retail Shippers: With an eye on helping shippers meet delivery requirements set forth by retailers, Transplace recently rolled out a new offering, entitled the “Weekly Supplier Performance Benchmarking Report.” To receive a complimentary Weekly Supplier Performance Benchmarking Report, please subscribe here.
- ELD Era Brings Fleets, Shippers Toward More Collaboration, Experts Say: The trucking market has undergone change in many forms over the years as technology and regulatory developments have exerted larger and more intense influence on each aspect of motor carriers’ operations.
- U.S. Factory Gauge Rises from Two-Year Low as Orders Recover: A gauge of U.S. factories rose in January from a two-year low as measures of new orders and production snapped back following steep declines the prior month, indicating a more stable outlook for manufacturing at the start of 2019.
- Service Cools Mexico’s Refrigerated Rail Potential: With less than 1% of refrigerated cargo moved in containers or trailers by rail despite costing up to one-fifth less than truck transport, Mexican intermodal rail will be able to grab market share if it can improve security, reliability, and capacity challenges.
What transportation trends are you currently keeping an eye on?