Transportation TIP List: Week of June 17th, 2018
Whether you call it football or soccer, we can all agree that the FIFA World Cup has taken over the sports atmosphere. And since you may have been busy cheering on your favorite team or player, we’re sharing this week’s TIP List to help keep you updated on the latest industry trends. The starting lineup below includes considerations for choosing a TMS and some of the ways machine learning is changing the game for supply chains.
- Choosing a TMS: What’s Your Endgame?: TMS solutions have been in existence for some time, and shippers in numerous verticals are increasingly investing in this technology. With so many choices available, shippers must understand what they want from the technology in order to make the right selection.
- 10 Ways Machine Learning Is Revolutionizing Supply Chain Management: Machine learning makes it possible to discover patterns in supply chain data by relying on algorithms that quickly pinpoint the most influential factors to a supply network’s success, while constantly learning in the process.
- U.S. Retail Sales Boom in May, But Inflation Is Lurking: U.S. retail sales rose by the most in six months in May, a sign that confident consumers are leading a strong economic rebound after a slow start to the year. However, with high gas prices and inflation eating away at income gains made by workers, Americans may not be able to maintain this level of spending.
- Truck Orders Soaring on Growing Freight Demand: The market for new heavy-duty trucks is growing at a nearly unprecedented pace this year as fleet owners and big-rig manufacturers race to keep up with accelerating U.S. freight demand.
- Domino’s Pizza Unveils U.S. Infrastructure Project Filling Potholes: Domino’s Pizza is filling in potholes in towns across the U.S. with a new “Paving for Pizza” initiative. The American pizza chain recently announced that it will help “smooth the ride home” for deliveries by making pothole repairs in towns nominated by their customers.
What current supply chain trends are you watching this week?