Transportation TIP List: Week of April 29th, 2018
Our 16th annual Shipper Symposium is kicking off next week and we can hardly wait! And it should come as no surprise that this week’s TIP List includes some of the timely supply chain topics that will be discussed at our event. From selecting the perfect technology solution for your operations to strategies shippers can use to meet rising retailer expectations – prepare for next week’s event with all of the latest transportation trend articles below, and we’ll see you there!
- Truck Driver Shortage is Raising Prices, Delaying Deliveries: A severe shortage of truckers is pushing up freight costs and, in turn, nudging up retail prices. And it’s occasionally leading to late deliveries that leave store shelves empty.
- SaaS or Outsourced Managed Services: Which is Right for Your Organization: When it comes to how best to manage their transportation operations, many shippers often find themselves at a crossroads: should they implement a TMS, outsource everything to a logistics service provider, or take a hybrid approach? Here are factors to consider when determining which path to take.
- U.S. Trucking Issues Pressure Petrochemical Markets: The recent ELD mandate has caused a rise in transportation costs that is putting pressure on U.S. petrochemical markets, and chemical buyers are being asked to help absorb those increased costs.
- Freight Costs Weighing on Earnings at Consumer-Goods Makers: High freight costs are weighing on earnings at big consumer-goods companies as they try to get products from soda and toys to deodorant and household chemicals to stores.
- Spring Produce Season: Where Are Reefers Needed?: Spring produce has gotten off to a slow start in 2018. The momentum had been building in Florida and Texas, but recently stalled. Reefer demand picked up steam out of California, though, and rates responded out of these three major markets.
What are you most excited for at next week’s Shipper Symposium?