The beautiful weather this past Memorial Day weekend has us anticipating the official start to summer – and inspiring us to take a look at some of the trends that are heating up in the transportation industry. Our TIP List this week includes stories on the record-paced return of U.S. manufacturing jobs and new technology developments in retail logistics. Grab your sunglasses and dive in below for all of the hottest industry trends!
- Reshoring Exceeded Offshoring in 2016: For the first time in decades, manufacturing jobs are returning to the U.S. rather than going offshore, according to the “2016 Reshoring Report” by the Reshoring Initiative.
- 5 Top Trends Shaping the Future of Retail Logistics: With the perpetual advancement of technology, the world of retail logistics is undergoing rapid change. Knowing these five trends will help you ensure a competitive edge as technology reshapes retail logistics in the coming years.
- Trump Wants $108M for Deeper Ports; Corps Adds $56M Boost: President Trump wants $108 million to deepen harbors for two U.S. seaports, while other ports scrambling to make room for larger cargo ships will benefit from more than $56 million already approved by Congress.
- U.S., Mexico to Reopen Laredo Border Crossing: Customs authorities recently restored operations to the World International Bridge, the largest U.S.-Mexico truck crossing, after severe weather damaged the structure that connects Laredo, Texas and Nuevo Laredo, Tamaulipas.
- Modernizing Supply Chains Critical to Operational Efficiencies & Global Competitiveness: Supply chain efficiency is becoming a key operational differentiator for companies competing in a worldwide marketplace, and every dollar and minute that businesses spend on their supply chain can help make the operations more durable.
How are innovative retail logistics technologies impacting your operations?